HENLEY MASTERS REGATTA RULES
The regatta is affiliated to British Rowing and held under British Rowing Rules of Racing. In addition the additional of the following local rules apply:.
- All competitors must comply with the British Rowing’s Row Safe Guidelines.
- The order of events will be strictly adhered to for Heats, Semi-Finals and Finals. Heats and Quarter finals and about 50% of Semi-Finals will normally take place on Friday with the other Semi-Finals and Finals scheduled for Saturday.
- Competitors wishing to double up at the Regatta are requested to making their doubling-up entry on the “Waitlist”. Entries will be selected from the waitlist on the basis of creating meaningful competition across the board. Entries containing “placeholders” for later substitution will not be permitted.
- When the number of entries for the Regatta exceeds that which can be accommodated, the Organising Committee may suspend further entries from being made. Until the start of the Regatta, the Organising Committee may accept further entries from the waiting list.
- Where an event has received only 1 entry, the crew concerned will be offered the following options: (i) to change to an alternative event, (ii) to move to an adjacent event if there is one with 2 entries or more (if your crew is younger than 75 years, you will not be given a handicap, if your crew is older than 75 years, you will be given the option of a handicap – handicaps will be calculated on the basis of the actual age difference between the crews rather than the banded age difference.) (iii) to receive a full refund.
- Crews who withdraw their entry once a List of Crews is published shall forfeit their entry fee.
- The Environment Agency (EA) requires all boats, including those from overseas, to clearly display their EA identification number on the sides of the boat.
- Crews must proceed to the Start and leave the course after racing in accordance with the circulation pattern. Crews crossing the course must not impede races in progress.
- Crews must paddle light in the zone between the bottom of Temple Island and just downstream of the cross-over points.
- The first named crew in each race will take the Berkshire station (towpath side).
- Crews must be attached to the stake boat 2 minutes, before the time of their race.
- No practising will be allowed on the course from 30 minutes before the first race. No practice starts will be allowed on the course during the Regatta.
- Winners – medals will be presented at the Presentation Raft as crews return from the finish of their final race.
- The decision of the Organising Committee on any aspect of the operation of the Regatta will be final.
FAILURE OF COMPETITORS TO COMPLY WITH THESE RULES MAY LEAD TO DISQUALIFICATION FROM AN EVENT OR FROM THE REGATTA